Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 7

This week in class we discussed Matthew 7. The first verse says, "Judge not, that ye be not judged." Thankfully we have the Joseph Smith Translation that helps us understand the words of Christ better; it says, "Now these are the words which Jesus taught his disciples that they should say unto the people. Judge not unrighteously, that ye be not judged; but judge righteous judgement." Christ wants us to judge righteously, yet this can still be difficult.

I sometimes struggle with passing judgment too quickly. It's a natural instinct most of the time. A thought has come into my mind several times as I have judged others; when we judge someone we lose the ability to love them. I have a long way to go, but I am going to keep trying to judge righteously and show love to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment