Thursday, February 16, 2017

Week 6

This week we discussed the few stories we have from the childhood of Jesus. In Luke 2 we read about Joseph and Mary and their journey to find Jesus after they had realized he wasn't in the company. In verse 46 it says after three days they found Jesus in the temple.

While my professor was discussing this, he made the point of how easy it is to read "after three days" and then just keep moving on with the story. But, he made us stop and imagine ourselves as Joseph and Mary. How must have they felt to be looking for the Son of God for three days without any information? They had lost their child.

This has helped me realize a new way that I can read the scriptures: I can really pay attention to the characters and their emotions. I can put myself in their shoes and imagine how the characters felt and ask myself what I would do in this situation. I think God really wants us to connect with these stories so that our spirits can be touched and we can better handle our trials and challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment