Thursday, February 16, 2017

Week 5

Something that really touched me this week was our discussion in class about revelation. My professor gave an example of the Doctrine and Covenants and how the first 115 sections were written in the first 8 years of the church and that the last 15 or so sections were written over a period of 6 years.

My professor then mentioned how many return missionaries come home and feel a little lost because they feel like they do not receive revelation as often. He then made an interesting point explaining that sometimes God lets us make the decision. God can give us enough revelation to guide us to a certain path and then trusts us to make a decision. My professor called it revelation maturity.

For me, this means that God will continue to guide me and help me to learn and grow, but will also want me to use the revelation I have received to bless my life. This is not always easy and requires faith, but I know God will always be there to help me. He will help me find the right path to help me reach my potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment