Monday, February 6, 2017

Week 4

Something that I really appreciated from class this week was learning about the four different authors of the Gospels found in the New Testament. They each write to a specific audience, which can help us understand why they wrote the way we wrote.

Mark writes to the Romans. Matthew writes using Old Testament passages to show how Jesus fulfills them. Luke writes to one person, Thephilus. John writes to all the world - especially members. I really enjoyed learning about their different writing styles.  It will help me read in context and become part of the story.

How can this apply to my life? I need to be aware of my audience when I prepare lessons I may teach, or whenever I am talking to someone. If I can effectively speak to my audience then I will be able to inspire them. It reminds me how God speaks to each one of us differently so that we will listen and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment