Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 13

I was reading in Matthew 24 and Christ is telling His disciples about His future coming and the signs that will precede it. In verse nine He states, "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake." He is basically saying that it is not going to be easy to be a disciple of Christ.

A few thoughts that came to my head when I read this verse; what would I be willing to suffer and experience in order to become more like Jesus Christ and build a trusting relationship with Him? Would I be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ? Or would I stand up for what I believe, no matter the situation? I feel like I know what I would choose, but I also know that it won't always be easy and I may fail sometimes. Gratefully, because of Christ I can keep trying to follow Him even when I mess up.

Christ is real. He is our Savior and is ready to help us when we are ready to accept Him. It will require a lot of faith sometimes, but we can do it because we have chosen Him once before. He will give us power to withstand those who hate us.

No comments:

Post a Comment