Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 12

Something that has been pertinent to me lately is fear. Sometimes fear stops me from making decisions and doing things that I know I should do. Instead, I freeze and become acted upon rather than acting. This is a hard obstacle to overcome, but thankfully I do not have to do it alone.

I know God is aware of me and what I think and struggle with because He has given us latter-day prophets to guide us. Thinking about my same concern mentioned above, I received guidance and comfort from President Uchtdorf's talk in the Sunday morning session of General Conference. He quoted the scripture, "perfect love casteth out fear." If I have a perfect love for God, He will help me work through my fears and eventually overcome them. I know this does not mean it will be easy, but with God anything is possible if I keep trying.

I still have a lot to learn about this concept, but I am grateful for the opportunity to do so. God is real and He lives and is ready to help each one of us whenever we need Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment