Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 10

This week I was reading in the New Testament from the Epistle of James. In the last verse it invites us to be unspotted from the world. I took the opportunity to look up the definition of this word and it means unnoticed.

I thought that was really cool, to be unnoticed from the world. One way I think about this is that when we are serving God, we usually go unnoticed from the world, but God notices. Also, if we are focused on the things of God and not of the world, the world won't notice us. The world will not be able to tear us down with all of its wickedness and lies. It will just look over us as unimportant. But we know better. We will be blessed as we do not become "of the world."

I love this analogy. I hope I will be able to focus on the things of God a little more and become unnoticed by the world so that I can become closer to my Father in Heaven. I know He is real and that He loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment