Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 2

I enjoyed reading this week in 2 Nephi 2 about God's plan and agency. Verse 26 really caught my attention this week. It says, "And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon..." 

This verse talks about how we can use our agency. God has given us the ability to choose for ourselves. Because we do not have to suffer in our fallen state, thanks to our Savior, Jesus Christ, we can make correct decisions that will bless our lives. However, we can also use this agency "to be acted upon." We have to choose how we will act in different situations. If we have chosen to follow Christ, then we will be able to make the better decision. 

Sometimes I have a struggle with agency. I just want to be told what the best decision is so I can make sure I am on the right path. Unfortunately, this can hinder my ability to exercise my agency to the fullest; to act for myself. Even though I still fight it sometimes, I am learning that faith also comes into using agency. If I can have faith as I make decisions that I am not completely sure about, then I can rely on God to help me know if I am making a wrong decision. This is still hard for me. I want to do what God wants me to do, but a lot of the time I don't know what that is for sure. I just know that He is aware of my circumstances and desires and that He will help me make the better decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment