Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 1

In Moses 1:12-22, Moses tells of his experience with Satan. In these verses, Satan tries to convince Moses to worship him instead of God and Satan denounces the divine nature of Moses by calling him a "son of man" in verse 12. Moses recognized Satan and told him to depart. The first two times Moses tried to do this by himself and Satan grew furious and did not leave. Moses began to feel fearful and called upon God for help twice, before Satan finally departed. 

I learned a few different things from this passage of scripture. One is the importance of recognizing our divine nature. Because Moses knew who he was, a son of God, he was able to withstand Satan's temptations. Another thing I learned is that God is there to help us. Moses tried to get rid of Satan on his own, but could not. He cried for God to help him and when he did, Satan departed. Something interesting to note here is that Satan did not depart until the second time Moses had called upon God for help. 

This has taught me that I need to remember who I am, a daughter of God. I know that if I remember this eternal truth when I am tempted, I will be able to stand with God and not fall. I also learned I need God's help. Some things, actually most things, are too big for me to handle on my own. When I call upon God for help, I know He will hear me. I am grateful to know that He is always there.

No comments:

Post a Comment